17/08/2012 - Launch of the Leicestershire Rural Capital Programme 2012/15
The Leicestershire Rural Capital Programme 2012/15 has been set up to provide capital support to small enterprises in rural Leicestershire.
The scheme is designed to encourage these businesses to develop their infrastructure, with the aims of stimulating local economic growth, increasing job security and training opportunities, creating new jobs and improving the general condition of the rural economy.
Funding will be available to support a range of projects from bids of £5,000 - £25,000, where grants will be subject to a match-funding requirement and/or in-kind support to at least 60% of the total costs.
Applications are invited from businesses and organisations that:
- Are based in rural areas of Leicestershire - outside of Leicester, Coalville, Hinckley, Loughborough, Market Harborough, Melton Mowbray and Oadby and Wigston.
- Are working in the food and drink, visitor economy (including leisure pursuits), creative and knowledge or land-based sectors.
- Are defined as a ‘small or micro enterprise’ (employing up to 50 full time equivalents).
- Submit an up-to-date business plan and have relevant approvals such as planning and building regulations (including change of use) prior to application.
- Consider environmental impacts in undertaking the work, including materials used and energy efficiency of the property.
Applications will be prioritised in relation to anticipated delivery against one or more of the following outcomes:
- Business development building on existing local employment or a clear focus on new job creation, including recruitment of skilled labour and vocational training.
- Supporting new building works, existing infrastructure improvement or purchase of facility, plant or equipment to boost or support growth.
- Leveraging significant private sector investment to either enhance capacity and/or promote innovation and technological advances.
- Has real tangible impact on the wider rural economy (eg increasing frequency of visits and number of tourists).
The deadline for receipt of applications is 31 October 2012.
Click here (opens in new window).
Source: oakleaves.org.uk, 17/08/2012